onsdag den 17. juni 2015

Nani Iro Month 2015 // The Aeolian Dress

Last June I was so lucky to be invited on the Nani Iro Month Tour hosted by Miss Matatabi.

Never in a million years had I imagined that I would be asked to join the party again - but here I am rocking it with the Queen of Nani Iro Fabrics for Nani Iro Month 2015. Thank you so, so much Frances//Miss Matatabi, you're the best.

At the time I'm writing this Miss Matatabi stocks 99 different Nani Iro items. 99  you guys. That's pretty amazing, huh?

Unfortunately the double gauze fabric I've used for my creation below - the Nani Iro Jewel Song Yozora - seems to be out of stock. I don't know if it'll be re-stocked, sorry.

But, I do get why it's sold out. It's freakin' amazing is what it is. Super soft double gauze in a deep charcoal/ink blue-ish color with metallic dots. Truly fab!

It's no secret that I'm a sucker for so called sack dresses. I've sewn and shown you several of these - but this one is a little different from what I've made before.

May I present The Aeolian T-Shirt Dress designed by Pattern Fantastique. The pattern is designed for knits but works perfectly for woven fabrics as well as you can see. The original pattern comes with short box-shaped raglan sleeves. Mine still has the boxy sleeves but I extended them as well as took them in a bit. I do so love me an elbow length sleeve. The sleeves also look cool rolled up a bit. I'm going to wear this dress to pieces!!

Another cool thing about this pattern is that it comes with different lengths. I chose the calf length version. It's supposed to have a super deep and flattering 8 cm hem at the bottom but as I am almost 180 cm tall I had to settle for a less deep hem to keep the length I was after. Oh, I also added a couple of small slits at the side seams.

As you can tell from the 'leggings under the dress' look the Danish summer hasn't been all that summery so far. But, who cares when you got a brand new amazing Nani Iro dress?! Okay, I would prefer sun and Nani Iro. A lot of both, please. Yessir. Over and out.

 










3 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful! Is the fabric black, or is it navy? It's just gorgeous. I can see why you will wear this dress a lot!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Melissa. The fabric is midnight blue - a blackish blue :-)

      Slet
  2. One can never go wrong with Nani Iro! I didn't know this pattern and it looks so great on you! I really like the alterations you've made.

    SvarSlet